Learn from a Hacker, a company specializing in cybersecurity awareness, training, and prevention, has over a decade of knowledge and experience in providing cybersecurity services and solutions. They are engaging, hands-on, and offer a variety of educational trainings and services on cybersecurity awareness and prevention for organizations of all sizes. The company develops and delivers solutions that protect client’s systems, applications and data by establishing policies, practices and tools that prevent unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification or disruption.
Join Learn from a Hacker as a Cyber Assurance Intern. This internship will help you develop practical skills and professional experience while contributing to the overall goals of company. You will gain hands on experience with providing cybersecurity services and solutions to clients and potential clients, keeping them informed on the industry trends and practices to act safely and securely online. You will also be heavily involved in developing and delivering cyber security trainings
As an intern, you will assume a primary role in projects working either independently or as part of a team, as well as, perform other activities that will support the overall objectives of the clients you are assigned to. The Learn from a Hacker internship will provide endless opportunities for you to build relationships, gain exposure to project work in the cybersecurity field, work in a team oriented environment, and help expand your technical skills, as well as, strengthen your chances of finding employment upon graduation, while also having an amazing experience.
- Assisting CEO with identifying new methods and strategies to acquire new clients
- Help develop courses and labs for students
- Troubleshoot minor student issues
- Be able to research solutions on the fly
- Ensure compliance with all relevant quality and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Work on projects that will help develop analytical, audit, research, testing and validation skills
- Guide clients on the usage and administration of security tools that control and monitor information security
- Client deliverables and proposals for projects
- Assisting in the implementation and evaluation of company standards, procedures, information systems, and guidelines for training materials
- Communicate effectively and professionally to all staff and clients
- Understanding of data, networking, and computer hardware and identify challenges/barriers and make recommendations
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Enrolled in accredited college or university with ability to receive credit (BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security or related technical field)
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Knowledge of Rapid7, Nexpose, Kali Linux, and Metasploit preferred but not required
- Proven problem-solving, excellent written and verbal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of social media
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision and remotely
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- NON – Paid (college credits available)
- Availability: 5-10 hours per week
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email application, resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Cyber Assurance Intern” in the subject line.
Your cover letter should address the following questions:
- What excites you about Cyber Assurance?
- Tell us why you want to be an Intern in this role.
- What are the skills you hope to develop in this position?
Please submit your resume and cover letter ASAP to receive full and immediate consideration for this position. Deadline for submissions 3/15/2021
For more information about the Cyber Assurance Internship position, please contact Carl Gray by e-mail at email@example.com